Accord Catholic Marriage Care Service Company Limited by Guarantee (Accord CLG)
(For fixed term - 2 year period)
The Board of Directors of Accord CLG wishes to appoint a Regional Director for a fixed term 2 year period whose primary responsibility will be to support the work of local Accord CLG centres in the Republic of Ireland outside of the Archdiocese of Dublin. Accord CLG’s aim is to promote a better understanding of Christian marriage and to help couples initiate, sustain and enrich their commitment to one another and to family life. Its core services include preparing couples for the sacrament of marriage; counselling (marriage and relationships); and delivering schools’ programmes in Relationships and Sexuality Education.
The successful candidate will have:
- a strong commitment to promoting the ethos, mission and vision of Accord CLG;
- excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills with the capacity to support local Accord CLG centres and work with colleagues in Accord Central Office to meet agreed goals and objectives;
- a flexible and proactive approach to bring about change in a collaborative manner.
- In close collaboration with local Accord CLG centre committees and colleagues in Central Office, support centres in operating with ongoing efficiency and effectiveness;
- Be responsible for informing and coordinating the implementation of relevant policies and procedures at local level in order to maintain best practice and a client-oriented service;
- Liaise with local centres through meetings and teleconferencing and organise regional meetings, as required;
- Provide advice and assistance with the drawing up and management of local centre budgets;
- In conjunction with local centres and Central Office, establish recruitment needs and manage effective recruitment programmes;
- Liaise with the Catholic Communications Office and local centres to help promote the services of Accord CLG using digital and traditional media;
- Other appropriate and agreed duties that may arise from time to time with some out of hours and Saturday work.
Key Skills and Experience
- A competence in the theology of marriage
- An appropriate qualification and/or relevant experience
- Previous management experience essential with excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Experience in dealing with regulatory and/or compliance matters
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
A competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience, will apply to this appointment.
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae accompanied by a cover letter including details of existing remuneration to:
Coordinator of the work of Accord CLG, Central Office, Columba Centre, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, W23 P6D3, or by email to: email@example.com by 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 17 April 2019.
Interviews will take place in Columba Centre, Maynooth in the week commencing 29 April 2019.