Accord Catholic Marriage Care Service welcomes applications from people who are interested in becoming Marriage Education Facilitators
If you feel that you have something to offer to young people who are preparing for the Sacrament of Marriage and you are willing to give up some voluntary time to train in this area then your local ACCORD Centre would be delighted to hear from you.
What qualifications are necessary?
There are no specific academic requirements. Training will be given to all successful applicants. ACCORD offer a Special Purpose Certificate Award from the Pontifical University St. Patrick's College, Maynooth Faculty of Theology to all who successfully complete this training.
Applications are open to those who are:
- Currently married in the Catholic Church or currently in a marriage recognised by the Catholic Church.
- Have the ability to convey a positive attitude to marriage.
- Have an openness and commitment to working within a Catholic Organisation.
- Relate easily to people, able to work as part of a team.
- Are sensitive, warm, caring and accepting
Every effort is make to provide the training regionally to avoid excessive travel and venues are chosen locally where possible.
If you are interested in becoming a Marriage Education Facilitator please refer to Certificate in Facilitation section.