The Certificate in Marriage Education training programme is Accredited by Pontifical University, St Patrick’s College Maynooth. This is a Special Purpose award and is designed specifically for the education of facilitators to deliver mariage preparation courses on behalf of ACCORD Catholic Marriage Care Service.
Suitability to become a Facilitator with ACCORD
- Have the ability to convey a positive attitude to marriage.
- Have an openness and commitment to working within a Catholic organisation.
- Relate easily to people.
- Are able to be part of a team.
- Are sensitive, warm, caring and accepting.
Applicants who meet the criteria are invited to attend a one-day Selection Conference.
- Training : six days training course. Gain practical marriage preparation course delivery experience by shadowing with the local Accord Team
- Following successful completion of the course, delivery of four Marriage Preparation Courses per year
Trainees will be evaluated by continuous assessment throughout the training process.
Role of the Facilitator
The role of the facilitator within the ACCORD organisation is not that of therapist or counsellor. It is to assist couples who are preparing for the Sacrament of Marriage in the Catholic Church. A commitment of 3 years is required following Graduation and Training.
ACCORD is an organisation which has built on the talent and wisdom of people attending marriage preparation courses and those involved in facilitating them.
The motivation to become a facilitator is very individual. Some people volunteer in order to meet more interesting people, to add new skills, or simply to help other couples by sharing their own experiences of married life.
As ACCORD is a Diocesan Agency all new member of ACCORD will apply for Garda Vetting if selected.
Selection will take place in June/July this year, but if you are interested in becoming a facilitator please contact your local Centre at any time.
MARRIAGE EDUCATION FACILITATOR APPLICATION FORM 2023